- Salesforce Integration should be enabled and authenticated
- Click here to read more about creating and authenticating new integrations
How to create a new Salesforce Integration KPI/Goal:
- Click on the "+" icon from the "Me" page or the "Teams" page or from within the "Team" to create a new Goal.
- Select "KPI Integration" option from the "Create Goal" screen.
- Select the instance of "Salesforce" integration to pull in the data from
- Select "Report Aggregate Value" to use a Salesforce report as the data source
- Click on the "Report" drop down under configuration for the full list of reports the Authenticated user has access to.
NOTE: If you do not see the report you are wanting to use as the data source, please make sure the report is not in a private folder and has the right permissions to "Run" the report.
- Click on "Refine..." for more options
- Click on the drop down under "Aggregate Column" for the list of all options. "Record Count" is the default on all reports which will pull in the total number of records in that report.
The other options in the drop down depend on the number of columns in the Salesforce Report and the "Summarization" options selected on those columns in Salesforce. In this example, we have the report calculating the "Sum", "Average", "Largest" and "Smallest" values for the columns "Score".
- Click on "Next" at the bottom right of the page for goal information/settings
- Enter the information for the Goal Name and other information on the "Create Goal" screen and click on "Next"
- Update the Goal "Target Values" and other settings like the "Reminder Interval" and "Reset Interval" on the next screen and click on "Save" on the bottom right of the page once you are done.
- Depending on the load on the Integration system, the goal will be populated with the data from the report immediately or during the next integration run (which is every 3 hours at the moment).
- Below is a screenshot of the salesforce report that we used in the above example. Its a good practice to include the link to the report in the description of the goal which makes it easy to access the report anytime.