Follow these steps to setup an SQL Integration in RESULTS.com
- Click on "More" on the left menu and then "Integrations"
- Click on " + " to add a new Integration
- Enter a name for the new Integration in the "Name" field and select the third party Integration Provider from the drop down list - "SQL Database Server" in this case and click on "Create" to create the integration
- Once the new Integration has been created, you should be able to see that in the list of Integrations under "Manage Integrations". Click on the "Check Box" next to the newly created integration to "Enable" it as shown in the screenshot below
- Once the Integration is "Enabled", click on the "Lock" icon next to the check box to "Authenticate" the integration
- A new window pops up to enter the Credentials for accessing the SQL Server. Before trying to Authenticate the Integration, please make sure that your firewall is set to allow connections from the following IP Addresses:
- Additionally to configure your firewall, please refer to the following Microsoft article. The default port number for SQL Server connectivity is 1433 though your server may be on a different public and/or private port: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/287932
- Once the integration is successfully "Authenticated", the "Lock" icon mentioned above turns green indicating the integration has been successfully "Authenticated" as shown below
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What databases are supported?
- All versions of Microsoft SQL Database and MySQL Database are supported
- What are the requirements for SQL Integration to work?
- One of the most important requirements for the SQL integration to work is that the SQL Database Server should be internet facing (this means that the database server should have a “Public IP Address” and should be accessible from outside the client’s office IT network.
- Permissions and know-how to create “Stored Procedures” on the database
- Create a new user with permissions to run “Stored Procedures” on the database
Please sign in to leave a comment.